Signs You Need a New Boiler
The number one consideration when deciding whether to replace your boiler should be its age. If your boiler is 15+ years old, it may be reaching the end of its life span. However, some units can keep running well into their 20s and 30s with proper upkeep and minor repairs. Below are some signs that it might be time to replace your boiler:
- Frequent breakdowns – If you are suffering the constant inconvenience of having to call a technician to keep your boiler running, it may be more cost effective to replace it than to keep spending money on repairs.
- Yellow flame – Your boiler’s flame should be a bright blue color. If the flame is yellow, this means that your unit is producing carbon monoxide. It might have a serious problem that is causing it to produce this deadly gas.
- Leaks from the boiler – One small leak might be fine with a repair, but if your boiler is springing leaks constantly or has had leaks that went unnoticed for a long time, it’s time to get a new boiler.
- Unexpected increase in heating costs – If your energy bill goes up for no apparent reason, it could mean that your boiler has become less efficient over time. Replacing it with a new one will bring your energy costs way down.
- Inability to keep up with demand – If your boiler is not heating your home to the temperature you want or if you find yourself constantly increasing the thermostat to stay comfortable, it may be time to get a new boiler. Your old boiler might have lost efficiency with age, or it might not be the right size for your home.
Our Boiler Replacement & Installation Services
If you’re tired of high energy bills and constant boiler repairs, contact American Vintage Home today. We specialize in boiler replacements and install industry-leading heating systems that offer the best energy efficiency ratings. Our team can help you choose a new model that reduces your energy bills and is the right size to fill your household’s needs. Our skilled technicians will then install the new boiler with expertise and precision, leaving you with a warm, comfortable house.
For 24/7 energy-saving boiler replacement & installation in Evanston and the Chicago North Shore area, contact us or call 847-999-4595 today.