Radiant In-Floor Heating Systems in Skokie, IL
There is no heating system more comfortable than radiant heat. Compared to traditional heating systems, radiant heating has less heat variance from ceiling to floor and is more efficient! We only wish more people knew about this great heating option.
Radiant in-floor heat is the most comfortable and efficient form of heat you can have in your home. Providing improved comfort and unmatched energy efficiency, it’s no wonder this form of home heating has surged in popularity. In fact, radiant in-floor heating systems have become the single-fastest growing segment in the heating industry.
Working with these systems for many years, our experts at American Vintage Home repair and install all makes and models of radiant in-floor heating systems. Let us help you stay warm and save money at the same time!
How Does Radiant Floor Heating Work?
With radiant floor heating, the entire surface area of your home becomes a low-temperature radiator. It’s no longer the air that’s being warmed — it’s you! People and objects in direct contact with the floor are warmed. Your floor essentially acts as a radiator, warming all of the surfaces in the room. This keeps about 80% of a person’s heat loss in balance.
What Are the Benefits of Radiant Floor Heating?
There are many advantages to radiant in-floor heating, including:
- Improved energy savings. You can reach your desired level of comfort at lower temperature settings. Radiant systems are 20% to 40% more efficient than forced-air systems!
- Cleaner air. Because radiant heating does not involve circulating air, you won’t have to worry about dust and other debris being dispersed throughout your home.
- Quiet operation. These systems are virtually silent when they operate. No more being disrupted by creaks and rattles as your system runs throughout the day.
- Aesthetics. Tired of looking at bulky radiators or baseboard units? You’ll never have to with radiant heating! These systems are built right under the floor and stay out of sight.
- Targeted heat. As the heat rises from the floor, you experience it at the best possible moment — when it’s the warmest! This allows you to stay warmer at a lower temperature and save money.
- Versatility. Radiant in-floor heating can be used on any type of finished floor that can withstand temperatures up to 80 degrees. Tile, wood, concrete, carpet — it doesn’t matter!
Our Unrivaled Installation Process for Radiant Floor Heating
American Vintage Home specializes in radiant heat installations. And with our unrivaled installation process, we guarantee a superior job. With decades of experience in the field, we pride ourselves on being industry leaders for installing and servicing radiant heating systems.
We take every factor into consideration before beginning work. Most importantly, our technicians will make sure your system is operating at peak performance and maximum efficiency. This will not only ensure optimal comfort, but it will also help you save as much money as possible!
Radiant Floor Options
There are two main types of radiant floor heating systems: hydronic and electric. Hydronic floor heating systems pump heated water from your boiler through a series of tubes strategically laid in a uniform pattern beneath the floor. These systems can be configured to establish heating loops controlled by valves to create heating zones within your home. These systems are effective and energy-efficient because the water that’s pumped through the tubes is circulated and recycled through the system. Thus, they do not increase your water usage.
Electric radiant flooring systems rely on electrical resistance to generate heat that radiates throughout the room. As with hydronic systems, they can create zones and be installed in bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and other spaces within your home. These systems are safe, affordable, and provide ample heat throughout the home. Finally, as with hydronic systems, they can be installed beneath tile, vinyl, hardwood, and other flooring materials.
Free Estimates & Same-Day Service in the Chicago North Shore Area!
Want more information before making a decision? Get a free in-home estimate with American Vintage Home!
Whether you’re considering radiant heat for one room, one floor, or throughout your entire home, we’ll provide you with a customized and free installation proposal.
Frequently Asked Questions About Radiant In-Floor Heating
Trust American Vintage Home for Heating Service in Skokie, IL
We’ve seen firsthand the positive effect that radiant heat has on people’s comfort, financial savings, and overall quality of life. And we’d love for you to have the same!
Get Started With American Vintage Home
We’ve seen firsthand the positive effect that radiant heat has on people’s comfort, financial savings, and overall quality of life. And we’d love for you to have the same! To get in touch with our team, call American Vintage Home at (847) 999-4595 or fill out our online form.