Water Heater Replacement in the Chicago North Shore Area
TRUST THE OLDER HOME EXPERTS FOR ALL YOUR WATER HEATER REPLACEMENT NEEDS
If you find yourself in need of a new hot water heater, but aren’t sure of the best system for your home, the experienced American Vintage Home team will consider all the factors and provide you with the best possible options available. Our licensed technicians perform high-quality water heater replacement and installation services promptly, so you can get back to enjoying all aspects of your home.
Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement Services in Your Chicago North Shore Home
When you’re not a water heater expert, it can be easy to overlook the signs that your system is on its way out. To help you recognize when it’s time to install a new water heater, here are the most common signs to keep an eye out for:
- Your water heater can’t keep up with your hot water needs.
- Your water looks rusty or smells bad.
- Your water heater rumbles, pops, or whines.
- You see water leaking from the base of your water heater.
If you notice these red flags, you likely need a new water heater for your home.
Should I Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
When there’s a problem with your water heater, it’s important to think long term and consider the following:
- How old is your system? As a good rule of thumb, tank-style water heaters usually last 10 years, while tankless water heaters average about 20 years. If your system is nearing its approximate expiration age, it may be time to consider replacement options.
- Is it running efficiently? Your water heater accounts for about 14% of your energy bill, so if your system is not functioning properly, it could cost you more in the long run than replacing it with a more efficient system.
- Are repair costs adding up? Whenever your water heater breaks, consider the cost of repairs versus replacement. If your repairs will cost 50% of what it would cost to replace it, installing a new system would likely better serve you.
These are just some of the things to consider as you decide whether to repair or replace your system. Fortunately, you don’t need to make the decision alone. In fact, you shouldn’t! American Vintage Home prides itself on being the older home experts in your area, and we’re happy to offer invaluable insight into your home’s hot water heater options.
Should I Install a Tankless Water Heater in My Older Home?
Tankless water heaters have gained increasing popularity with homeowners in recent years due in part to their extreme efficiency in generating hot water on demand. Instead of slowly heating your water in a 40- to 50-gallon tank, then keeping that water hot until you need it, tankless water heaters use heat exchanger tubing to create a heat-on-demand system.
Benefits of Installing a Tankless Water Heater
There are many advantages to installing a tankless water heater in your Chicago North Shore area home, including:
- Compact size. Tankless water heaters are typically mounted on the wall and take up much less space than traditional tank-style water heaters.
- Lower energy consumption. Because there is no tank full of water to continually keep hot, tankless water heaters are a more efficient option.
- Longer life span. While tankless water heaters are admittedly more expensive upfront than their traditional counterpart, gas-burning tankless systems last at least double the life span, meaning more money saved over time.
- Safety for your home. Tankless water heaters don’t pose a threat of leaking and spilling gallons of water, causing costly damage to your home and belongings. They’re also less likely than tank-style water heaters to harbor dangerous bacteria, such as Legionella.
Our Unrivalled Installation Process
The master plumbers at American Vintage Home provide the highest quality water heater installation in Chicago’s North Shore. Our installation process is guaranteed to leave you 100% satisfied with our work!
Get the Hot Water Heater Replacement & Installation Services Your Chicago North Shore Home Deserves
When your home needs a new hot water heater, you can trust the experts at American Vintage Home to put our decades of experience to work for you. From Wilmette to Evanston to Oak Park, our team offers free estimates and no-surprise pricing. We charge by the job, meaning we can tell you exactly what your hot water heater repair and replacement services will cost before we begin our work. Our fully licensed and insured team works hard to maintain our superior reputation, and we are committed to providing all of our customers with excellent service!