Take the Plunge This Valentine’s Day
Show Your Plumbing Some Love
This month is all about love and appreciation. And sure, Feb. 14 is best spent with those closest to you, whether it’s a spouse, close friends or family members. But wouldn’t it be heartbreaking if you had a plumbing emergency in Evanston, Illinois or the surrounding areas when you need your plumbing most?
This Valentine’s Day, American Vintage Home is encouraging homeowners to show their plumbing and their pipes some much-needed love. In turn, you can enjoy a more comfortable home, season after season, without any headaches and heartaches.
Gifts Made with Love
Chocolates and flowers might work for those you love, but they won’t cut it when it comes to your plumbing system. Instead, the best gift you can give your system is a little TLC.
Here are some ways to show your plumbing you don’t take it for granted:
- Look and listen. Day-to-day life can get very hectic—so much so that we often forget to stop and take a breather. Going forward, make a promise to yourself that you’ll keep an eye and ear out for any unusual drips, suspicious noises, rust and running toilets in your home.
- Fix it if it skips a beat. Minor issues can quickly escalate into major catastrophes. So, rather than procrastinating when something seems to be malfunctioning or simply choosing to ‘deal with it,’ be sure to contact a professional as soon as possible. It’s better to address even the most minor hiccups, such as a slow drain or a leaky faucet, when they first occur (before they escalate into something much worse).
- Dispose of things properly. Despite popular belief, garbage disposals are not So, from here on out, make sure to avoid putting these things down the drain: fats or grease, paper towels or rags, and paints or chemicals.
- Winterize your pipes. While it’s best to winterize your pipes before the freezing temperatures roll in, there is still time to avoid a costly plumbing catastrophe. If you haven’t already done so, contact a professional to inspect your pipes to ensure that they’re in good working order.
- Flush away the bad. Use this time to extend the life of your water heater. A simple yet commonly overlooked task, flushing your water heater on an annual basis helps to remove any sediment that might have accumulated in your tank and, ultimately, allows your heater to run more efficiently.
- Clear your drains. Clogged drains can really disrupt your day. Rather than using store-bought chemicals or a plunger, which often exacerbate the problem, turn to an expert for a quick-and-easy drain clearing service. Our American Vintage Home team is here to quickly unclog and restore drain flow, without forcing you to break the bank.
- Make a date with maintenance. Laundry. Cooking. Toilets. There’s no denying that we rely on our plumbing each and every day. So, it’s important to maintain it on a regular basis. By joining American Vintage Home’s Home Service Plan, you can enjoy fewer repairs, lower energy bills and long-term peace of mind.
Fall Head Over Heels for Comfort With American Vintage Home
Your plumbing and sewer systems aren’t the only things that deserve some TLC in your home. Our team at American Vintage Home is here to repair and maintain your air conditioning, heating and indoor air quality, too. Whether you’re in need of boiler repair in Chicago, IL, duct cleaning and sealing in Oak Park, IL, or thermostat installation in Evanston, IL, we’re here to help you achieve whole-home comfort, while saving you as much money as possible. Whether you have a new or older home, our experts have the knowledge and expertise to answer the call.