Consider Cool Gadgets & Updated Technology for Summer
These Three Options Are Safe, Comfy AND Smart!
So, there’s no denying it—summer is officially underway. Summer’s rays have radiated throughout the Evanston, IL, region and have started making overheated homeowners retreat inside their homes to avoid the sticky weather. If you’re one of these seasonal indoor dwellers, you’ll want to be sure that life inside the old homestead is comfortable and safe. And we’re not just talking about typical AC maintenance or routine air conditioning repair in Evanston, IL to help you cool off. Nope, we’re talking about fun gadgets and interior upgrades to improve your summer indoor space!
For safer, smarter indoor living, it is imperative to make good choices. Right here we list three ways you can safeguard your home this summer:
1. CO detectors. If don’t already have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call American Vintage Home to have a few installed. These little gadgets are essential for homeowners and can save lives. Sadly, each year more than 20,000 people are accidentally sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning and roughly 500 people die. Even scarier is the fact that high concentrations of carbon monoxide can kill in less than five minutes. And because CO is odorless, victims rarely know what is happening—hence it’s nickname, “the silent killer.”
We know these statistics are staggering, but don’t panic. Many of these illnesses and deaths can be prevented with the simple use of carbon monoxide detectors. To prevent danger, you should know the warning signs. The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
One way to avoid danger is to let American Vintage Home install, replace or repair your carbon monoxide detectors today!
2. Digital Thermostats. It’s 2018, folks, which means it’s time to take your home into the 21st century and invest in a digital and programmable thermostat! These user-friendly gadgets make your life simpler and also help you save money. With a digital thermostat, you are in total control of your home’s temperature—sometimes at the touch of your smartphone. American Vintage Home offers many thermostat services, including installation of programmable/digital thermostats, new thermostat wiring, humidistat wiring and replacement, and rewiring of all systems. We specialize in the following:
- Digital programmable thermostats
- Wi-Fi thermostats
- Energy-smart thermostats
- Wireless and high-definition thermostats
With a new updated digital and programmable thermostat, you can literally put your home comfort in your own hands!
3. Air Filtration. Don’t forget that you probably spend more that 85 percent of your time indoors. So, if you’re avoiding the summer heat by enjoying the indoor chill of your central AC, you’re going to want fresh indoor air! To cut back on pollen, allergens, mold, dust mites and other indoor pollutants that float through your home, American Vintage Home recommends air filtration products. We can provide the cleanest and best indoor air solutions for your home, including HEPA filters and systems for air purification, air filtration and ultraviolet air disinfection.
Enjoy a Safer Summer
Now that you know the cool gadgets and upgrades to improve your summer living, sit back and relax in your comfy home with a nice cold glass of lemonade. And always remember that American Home Vintage is simply a phone call away when it comes to vintage repairs on your older home! From expert plumbing in Oak Park, IL, to sewer repair needs in the Chicago North Shore area, we are always here to take your calls and help beautify your home.